Joined: 28 Mar 2004
Location: Oulu, Finland
|Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 07:01 am Post subject: Area creation contest!
|I'm pleased to announce a contest for creating THE AREA of the year 2004!
The rules are simple and rewards are huge so make sure not to miss this one.
The goal is to design and implement best area possible. You can create the area at Ice-dev (a development site for Icesus), keeping your current player account at normal Icesus. You will also have access to our extensive online documentation and Coder-forums for help. Existing Ice-dev wizards can also participate.
To get an access to Ice-dev, you must first have a plan for the area and get it approved. The plan is a document describing the idea, background and theme of the area. See the 'How to become a wizard' post in the Forum's general area or contact Idles/other wizards for more advice.
Mail ready-made area plans to Thoran to get an access to Ice-dev.
General rules for the competition
- Normal area creation guidelines apply (ie. original areas, good language, fits to Icesus theme etc.)
- Area idea must be approved before coding
- Area is targeted towards 5-35 level players. No tough-ass EQ monsters. Final balance will be made with the assistance of a Wizard.
- Deadline for all entries is 31.12.2004
- Area must pass normal Quality requirements. These will be explained to everyone at Ice-dev
And as I promised, the rewards are HUGE!
The BEST area: 1500 PDF + 1 kickass unique EQ
The second BEST area: 1000 PDF + 1 good unique EQ
ALL areas to pass Quality check and added to the game: 500 PDF
The area can be created solo or as a team. The winners get to choose how the reward is distributed between team members.