Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Location: Down Under
|Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 15:58 pm Post subject: New alert system
|The new alert system is now implemented, to activate it you just need to turn the alert channel on. To alert others you need to 'set alert on'.
New flashy features include...
1) If outside of area you will only get an alert pertaining that there is casting going on in that area.
2) If you are in the area you get the specific short desc alert.
4) For the outworld you will get an alert if you are near the area that is being cast and if you are not near just a standard message.
5) There is a 'cool down' period so that there is less spam.
6) Typing last alert will bring up the specific short desc.
1) If you are the caster and you want to get an alert of your own casting 'set alert yes'.
2) Global alerts turn off automatically if you become idle for a period of time. They turn back on if you become unidle.