Icesus.org Forum Index Icesus.org
Icesus MUD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Militia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 04:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in addition to allowing non-guild members to participate in shield-wall, increase strength of wall based on number of militiamen. Makes it useful for everyone, and gives extra incentive to guild members to work together. Also, cause rank to have an effect? A lowly private probably would have a harder time getting a shield wall together than a Sergeant Major(In case yall dont know this, Sergeant Major is THE highest noncom rank, in other words, the best rank you can possibly ever want.)
To address another topic, stealth ops are a RECENT addition to warfare. I.E. 'Snipers' only came about in World War I. Considering this is a meta-medival based MUD, militias of the time were all about walking in large blocks, which would collide with one another, the block with the men who were least likely to run typically being the victor. The nearest thing to stealth ops of the time were "Scrimagers" who's only real purpose was to pick off forward scouts.
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but still, help icesus is icesus ;P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icesus.org Forum Index -> Guilds All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: