Joined: 28 Mar 2004
Location: Lost in the woods
|Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 08:49 am Post subject: Mind of steel
|1) A new skill in game, "mind of steel".
2) If you get heavy damage, your spellcasting might be slowed or even disrupted. Concentrated casting, Concentration (psi), Pain threshold (sorc) and Mind of steel skills will help you.
3) It is a "soft tune", meaning you can barely notice it with your regular exp monsters, unless they are fairly large and/or hit HARD. I will be logging all the activity and tune it further, if required.
4) So far all the testers reported they didn't notice very much while exping, so it might be just some extra heartbeats when you are on EQ, which is just fun.
5) DO NOT WHINE ABOUT THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE TESTED IT YOURSELF!
6) Effective on reboot or quit/relogin. You choose if you want it now and can start learning the skill or leave it as is until reboot.
|Endurance point cost: 0%
This skill is automatically in use and learnable by doing.
Spellcasting is a delicate business. A spellcasting ritual may include exact vocals or precise motions, sometimes both. Performing these acts while getting hit by offenders or being on a receiving end of a fireball, is not a trivial task really. This skill represents your hard learnt lessons of instinctly numbing the pain while focusing on the on-going spellcasting. A mind of steel can ignore the pain and concentrate in finishing the spell successfully and in a timely fashion.
"Just a newbie-friendly, mostly idle but still area-coding wiz from old days"