rangers and magic poison damage View next topic
View previous topic
hors
Supporting Member 2009

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 08:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

just a short post to see how people would react to the idea of adding poison protection to rangers in addition to cold protection. it looks reasonable for me as they used to deal with poisons a lot. poison salves can do their work only if you are poisoned with poisons on weapons or if someone nasty bites you. but we also have such a weird things like magic poison darts and so on. and i think rangers could have some form of defence from it too. adding a skill or some version of salves which if applied would give protection from magic poisons.

or should we have such type of magic at all?

Last edited by hors on Sat Nov 11, 2006 09:00 am; edited 1 time in total
allanon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 08:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard that such a thing already exists in game. Try exploring the Gnome Outpost. Rumor has it there's a special item you can obtain there that helps deal with poison of all kinds.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 09:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well, an item is an item. rangers still should be able to deal better with poisons imho Very Happy
moraq

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nah

Then alchemists, shadowdancers and everyone else dealing with poisons should have this +resistance. Oh, and I want fire resistance since I make a lot of fireplaces.

Last edited by moraq on Sat Nov 11, 2006 13:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
hors
Supporting Member 2009

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 13:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

moraq wrote:
Nah

why nah
misrobo
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 22:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rangers already have something special for dealing with being poisoned.
iluth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 03:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep Rangers above all should be better at coping with poison than other guilds, aside maybe an Air priest. Yet it's amazing how many Rangers you see asking for poison help, or dying from poison, with no idea that they could handle the problem themselves.
osma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 04:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And of all the melee classes, rangers are the most likely to get poisoned and then die from it. Either restistance, or reduced damage (or both of course) would be nice. And since there is little/no market for their poison removal ability, some rangers dont even know/have forgoten it exist (which is kinda sad accualy).
hors
Supporting Member 2009

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 05:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well, but again i was not talking about being poisoned. i was talking about poison darts and arrows mobs casts on you. about magical stuff. or do rangers have someting to deal with it that i do not know about?
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hors wrote:
well, but again i was not talking about being poisoned. i was talking about poison darts and arrows mobs casts on you. about magical stuff. or do rangers have someting to deal with it that i do not know about?

There are things called blessings for that stuff and items with poison resistance.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 07:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Magical attacks of the damage type poison can be resisted with resistances, but i dont think rangers should get any kind of poison resist skill. That would only open a loophole for all other classes and all other damagetypes.

If you are poisoned however, know that rangers dont just dabble in poisons, they also deal with some beneficial mixtures.

Most importantly, as a shadowdancer i learned one simple truth: After mixing poisons, don't lick your fingers!
View next topic
View previous topic

Navigation