Joined: 28 Mar 2004
Location: Oulu, Finland
|Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 22:35 pm Post subject: Icesus area creation contest 2008
|It is time once again to fire up an area creation contest. It has been a few years since the last one, which produced a number of new areas.
All mortals regardless of their experience can participate by sending a mud mail containing a preliminary plan to Ginjeet. The area plan should contain information as to where you think your area would fit best. In addition the plan should describe the theme of your area, the monsters (if any) inhabiting it, and a rough layout.
- Nearly everything in this years old post is still valid, so be sure to read it.
Your area should:
- Contain no more than 30 rooms unless there is a good reason for it.
- Contain at least one quest
- Be designed for 30-50 level players
- Be preferably located around Cenedoiss
The areas will be scored based on their originality and how well they fit the theme. The theme for the contest this year is Five Elements.
Note: You aren't required to create an area all by yourself. Feel free to enter the competition with your friend.
1. 1000 PDF and a powerful, customised unique item
2. 750 PDF and a moderately powerful, customised unique item
3. 750 PDF
In addition, each and every player who get their area through quality check before the contest ends will receive 500 PDF.
Deadline for participants to finish their areas is 1.6.2008.
Late but otherwise successful entries will be rewarded with 250 PDF.