Icesus.org Forum Index Icesus.org
Icesus MUD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weapon size

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jozne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 09:54 am    Post subject: Weapon size Reply with quote

What effects to the weapons that you can wield? Is it weapon size <-> character str? or does the character size mean anything to that, like gnome wielding greatsword, do you just need lots of str or is it impossbile for gnome to wield larger weapons?

Logically I think that it's the STR, but am I right? like if you get lots of str, you can wield weapons in one hand when you had to wield them in both hands at the start.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character size matters the most. Strength affects also, but not as much.

Chitines have four hands and can wield even larger weapons than the other small-sized scum.

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character size is most important. STR matter next. With enough str you might get to wield a weapon that you were previously only able to wield in 2 hands in 1 hand. But no matter how much str you get, if your stumpy gnome fingers cant reach around the handle of a greatsword, you just cant ever wield it.
midrien

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 13:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to use the smith in vaerlon for information about if i can wield a certain weapontype. That in conjunction with "help weapon types" and glancing at the size of the weapon, may give you a clue about how close you are to your goal strength wise.

Theres a command for the smith where you can ask about an items info before ordering it, but im not sure if thats still available with the player smiths.
jozne

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 16:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. I tested that smith thing, and as snakeman I can wield weapon sized up to 1,6m (flail, quarterstaff) and above that is too big for me (tower shield,greatsword,two-handed sword). My STR is BAD, since I'm caster & snakeman (frail=4).

Do you guys think that I could wield greatsword (both hands) or even two-hander if I would have more str, ie. I would be a dwarf or so?

I'm just thinking about reinc and I have good two-handed and wouldn't bother to go over to resize my stuff (too spicy price X) and I'm just wondering if I would be able to wield that 2hander ;P
midrien

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 13:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could wield a maul right off the bat with a dwarf as far as i remember. Don't think a greatsword is too much bigger, especially once you get a few levels of experience and free strength training.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 14:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maul is 1.1m, greatsword is 1.9m and dwarf is 1.25m, so.....
i think tziraan is the bigest weapon dwarf can wield in one hand with VERY high st. about greatsword - maybe in 2 hands with max str but i doubt it
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 18:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwarf can wield greatsword in 2hands, and tziraan/great axe needs 21.5 adjective str to be wielder

*spoilers*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icesus.org Forum Index -> Newbie Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: