Icesus.org Forum Index Icesus.org
Icesus MUD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debuff tweak

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goderic

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 08:40 am    Post subject: Debuff tweak Reply with quote

Whilst playing, I paused to reflect on just how little I actually use debuff spells in the game, or indeed, how rarely I see them used at all.
It occurs to me that whist there are some pretty good spells in the game already, all of them are treated as 'ofensive', and getting in that fist attack before the mob aggroes seems to be a better deal than making them it an easier target almost every time.
May I suggest that there is a case for the mob not noticing that it has been the target of a dementia or a slow or whatever, and a skilled caster having a fair chance of getting a debuff on it without it aggroing?
eysenc
Supporting Member 2011

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree. That would make debuff spells nicely more usefull than they're now.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they're still offensive spells. Maybe they could have a similar reaction than archery when monster aggroes when you start aiming your bow at them.

If they wouldn't aggro the monster at all, it could be bit ridiculous to blast in all the debuffs you have and then aggro the monster with a blast or such.

ie.

When Calluin gets hit by a dementia.

"Calluin notices your hostile intentions and rushes towards you with immense speed"

But instead of getting to you straight away, you'd easily have enough time to finish the next spell and start a new one. Or somethingsomethingsomething.

But anyways, i'm all up for debuff uptune, they aren't used often enough, and should play a bigger part of gameplay in icesus. And the way i just suggested, you'd atleast get one free debuff in in the beginning of a fight.
eysenc
Supporting Member 2011

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 16:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One solution could be that mobs had some chance to go agro from debuff spells but not always. That could depend from monster level etc. A bit like psis' probing works. Currently it's usually just better stick with those damaging spells.
thaladred
Supporting Member 2010

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 18:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or just make them slightly more powerful? and or easier to cast and hit the mob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icesus.org Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: