Icesus.org Forum Index Icesus.org
Icesus MUD

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Too few mobs that give reputation???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarondar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the templar guarding duty gives a little valkor reputation...
felgand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 03:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along the lines of this thread....kingdom of Valkor and kingdom of Graemor reputation really should, y'know, do stuff. Razz Even if there were rare room echos (while you stood in the kingdom) where folks would give you a hearty slap on the back for being reknown in the kingdom of Graemor would give a bit more flavor to it. Smile
syder
Supporting Member 2016

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 23:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very easy to crash one's reputation and fixing takes more time. It's as just it should be, only catch is that for us mages at least there are no ways to gain +rep than just slowly by idling. I'd really appreciate if someone could come up with reasonable ways to get mage reputation, maybe getting 'reagents' for guildmasters or helping the shopkeeper in supplying or whatever, even adding some monsters that give mage reputation would be nice thus the last option for my liking.
Although those hostile monsters and even other ones that spawn to Mage Island should give that reputation. In this way, it would be easier for midbies etc to get higher skill&spell levels cause reputation lowers somewhat the training costs right?
artic
Supporting Member 2005

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 05:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving you mage-only monster/area on mage island reeks of abuse. Too secluded. However, if some nasty termites (or other creatures, would start eating up a certain magical tree that is very important to the mages, I could see the head mage rewarding good rep for killing those creatures. And no-one should have a problem with this- everyone can visit the area and get the +rep, just that its mostly useless for anyone but the mages.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: I said 'turd' :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDdd Reply with quote

The mage island ALREADY has monsters in it, tuning them to give +mage reputation would NOT be ABUSE. :>

It would be more of a fix, since there is no way for mages to gain +mage reputation - whereas Vaerlon reputation (used by militia, templars) is easy to get, just like ranger reputation.

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: W: guild of the magi reputationthingies Reply with quote

allanon wrote:
Maybe mage rep is hard to get 'cause there's no practical use for it. Wink

It's hard to get because there is no way of getting it (the positive way).

And of course it has its uses: skill/spelltraining costs less money etc.
And that's not useful?

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 14:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have them fight against sorcerers for the higher level ones, and the dark druids for the lower.
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And dont most of the undeads give kingdom rep too?
Atleast in graemor the kingdom reputation is easy/fast to get if ya know the places... Atherton rep, too easy :S
Vaerlon rep raises very slowly if it drops.. atleast when you get bigger in tw, after certain event in my guild, the reputation kinda drops, and very difficult and time consuming to get it back up, unlikes about 40mill exp ago, atleast that's what I think... and 40mill exp ago I did some serious exping... now Im just lazy and mostly take only part to our events in the guild, that is of one the reasons why I like sd. And finding a party isnt a problem, cause I only do solo exp, its fast to get... sometimes dancer parties though, shrug, dunno Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icesus.org Forum Index -> Guilds All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: