Icesus race info *complete list* View next topic
View previous topic
khazadhum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 19:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When it says: NOTE: dark elves take damage from daylight

just how much damage do they take, is it continuous or what?
osma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 02:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

During high amounts of light (be it from torches, spells, items, or highsun) dark elves take a certin amount of damage every few seconds (15?). If your hp is high (100%) the damage is minimal and poses no threat whatsoever, although it will effectivly slow down your regen rate quite a bit if it is not at 100. (note, extremly bright light, such as highsun and a few lamps, will cause more damage then usual, possibly being dangerous).

However, if your hp is low, say after a fight where you fled at 30, it is possibly life threatening (your regen will not heal or will barely heal the damage you take from the light.) If your hp is less then 30, you have problems. I have died from sunlight because i came back to life, then walked out of the death temple and died again due to south camp campfire.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 00:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember hearing about some people who would buy and light 1000 or so torches then drop them in a commonly used area which was supposed to kill any dark elf that wandered in very quickly. Never tried it or been effected by it or seen someone die by it.
allanon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 21:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lighting torches and giving them to a dark elf does not do anything, that much I can say. Tried it before with some other peoples...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 22:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

khazadhum wrote:
When it says: NOTE: dark elves take damage from daylight

just how much damage do they take, is it continuous or what?

They take little but it enough to be damn annoying, can often kill you right after you have just died and ran out of death temple. The more light, the more damage.

khade wrote:
I remember hearing about some people who would buy and light 1000 or so torches then drop them in a commonly used area which was supposed to kill any dark elf that wandered in very quickly. Never tried it or been effected by it or seen someone die by it.

I've killed people with that.

allanon wrote:
Lighting torches and giving them to a dark elf does not do anything, that much I can say. Tried it before with some other peoples...

It does, you are wrong. One torch does not do the trick
allanon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 00:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

allanon wrote:

It does, you are wrong. One torch does not do the trick[/quote]

Sorry, I checked records again and we were spamming Orbs of Light. Which you can only have one of. >< /idiot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 03:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Should we be telling newbies about this stuff? I don't think the wizards are going to give awards for corrupting the youth.
...Well most of them won't anyway.
dwo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 18:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They should be prepared for the corruption of aegic! and learn how to survive when they are still yong!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 18:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Updated the race list. Also check the raceinfo command within the game.
dwo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 20:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Avans have high wisdom not adequate as it shows in here.

View next topic
View previous topic

Navigation